INSTRUCTION OF ATTACHING BAG FOR SHEET MUSIC TO CASE
BEFORE ATTACHING THE BAG TO THE CASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTION
A bag for sheet music should be attached to the case made of hard plastic (e.g. fiberglass). A bag is attached to the case with a Velcro tape. The “hook” Velcro tape is sewn permanently to the bag. The “loop” Velcro tape is attached to the bag and should be attached on your own based on the following instructions.
1. Before you start, plan exactly where the bag will be placed on the case. Moving the attached Velcro tape is not recommended because it decreases its adhesive properties. Remember that Velcro tapes should be attached on a fairly flat surface and far from such elements as a foot or fasteners. The shape of the case may cause the tips of Velcro tapes to stick outside the flat surface – this is not however a problem.
2. Degrease the place of where the Velcro tape is attached by wiping the part with e.g. denatured alcohol or extraction naphtha (first check on a less visible part of the bag whether the degreasing agent does not damage the surface of the case). Failure to degrease the surface may deteriorate the tape’s adhesive properties and in consequence, the bag falling from the case. Any attempts to attach the Velcro tape, which was wrongly attached for the first time will be ineffective.
3. Attach the “loop” Velcro tape to the “hook” Velcro tape sewn to the bag. The adhesive part of the “loop” tape is secured with white paper.
4. Remove the white paper from the adhesive part of the tape.
5. Place the bag with the Velcro tape to the case in a selected place and press the surface with the tape very carefully.
6. While holding the attached ”loop” tape, separate the bag from the case.
7. Cut the end of the tape, which sticks out from the flat surface of the case.
8. Once again carefully press the Velcro tape to the case to remove any unwanted air bubbles and reinforce the adhesive.
9. The attached bag may be used differently depending on the needs – a case with the attached bag or without it. Attaching a bag with Velcro tape is very convenient and popular, however remember that its strength and durability is limited. Always use the bag carefully and its durability will be longer.
If you have any doubt, do not hesitate to contact us. We will gladly answer for all your questions.